Sbarro's Mevsim Pizza Menu - Food Review



If I’ll talk about fast food today, I’d rather talk about Sbarro’s delicious Mevsim Pizza that my son and I shared with each other just last weekend.  I wasn’t really feeling hungry when we decided to eat something just for a snack, but when my son told me he wanted to have pizza I just couldn’t resist from joining him.  Who doesn’t love pizza anyway?  So we went to Sbarro, an Italian fast food restaurant that offers not just delicious pizzas from their menu but also their signature Italian style pastas (makarnalar), salads (salatalar), main course (ana yemekler), desserts (tatlılar) and a variety of drinks (içecekler).

When I asked my son what additional ingredients he wanted to have on his pizza, he said that he only wanted his pizza to have lots of pepperoni, sausage, mushroom, and sweet corn on it. So when I looked at their pizza menu, I was looking for something that has it all – pepperoni, sausage, mushroom, and sweet corn. So I carefully checked their pizza menu list and I realized that their pizzas were categorized into Etli (with meat), Sebzeli (with vegetables), Peynirli (with cheese or cheesy), and Spesiyal (Special) pizzas. Since my little boy wanted to have his pizza topped with lots of pepperoni and sausages, this means that I only had to choose from the ones listed from the Etli Pizzalar menu considering that they had meat on them.  In fact, I would have wanted to try a vegan pizza and I found one that appeals to me from their Sebzeli Pizzar - the Ispanaklı Mantarlı Pizza (Spinach and Mushroom Pizza).  But hey, today we're going to have a meaty pizza snack with just about a few sprinkles of veggies (I hoped) so I just left that vegan thing - perhaps that would be the next in line if I’ll ever feel the need to eat some more (lol!).

Mevsim Pizza menu from Sbarro


Luckily, on their Etli Pizzalar menu list there were 5 delicious-looking options to choose from – the Pepperoni Pizza (topped with lots of zesty pepperoni, melted mozzarella cheese, and a special Sbarro pizza sauce); the Supreme Pizza (with melted mozzarella cheese atop zesty pepperoni, beef sausage, fresh red and green peppers, onions, mushrooms, and savory sauce); the Sucuklu Pizza (topped with melted mozzarella cheese, black olives, spicy Turkish sucuk sausage, fresh red and green peppers with a savory Sbarro pizza sauce); the Tavuklu Pizza (with chunks of delicious grilled chicken, melted mozzarella and parmesan cheese, onions, fresh red and green peppers); and lastly the Mevsim Pizza (with melted mozzarella cheese, spicy Turkish sucuk sausage, delicious sauteed mushrooms, red and green peppers, tomatoes, black olives, and a generous amount of sweet corn). We didn’t need to order Sucuklu and Tavuklu Pizza under the etli pizzalar list coz we’ve already tried them several times before so it would be better to try the other pizza variety for a change. Besides, after thoroughly checking all the pizza ingredients on each pizza menu list, we finally found the one we’re exactly looking for from among the five options. Obviously, we chose the latter.



Most of Sbarro’s food chains and restaurants have an on-going promotion and campaign that lasts until the end of this month in Turkey – excluding the Sbarro chains you’ll find at the airports. So after choosing our orta boy Mevsim Pizza menu, the sales lady suggested that we’d better get the Super Teklif menu (super offer ) which consists of an orta boy (medium size) pizza of our choice that is good for two people, and two orta boy (medium size) drinks of our choice (Pepsi, Pepsi Light, Fruko, Yedigün, or Ice Tea).  

source: Sbarro

The Super Teklif menu sounds like it’s just exactly what we wanted at that moment so that’s exactly what we've ordered. Besides, for just 14.99 TL we don’t just get our meaty medium size pizza but we also got our ice tea drinks both in medium size Sbarro paper cups.  When our pizza was served together with our ice tea drinks, it was steaming hot with the aroma of mushrooms and peppers combined with the spicy sucuk, pepperoni and mozarella cheese that's melting on top of our table.  What a wonderful sight! At that moment, I thought that anyone who's really hungry would probably gobble up all these.  Do you think anyone can resist?  Well, just by the look and smell of the freshly baked pizza from the oven would be enough to satisfy my appetite.  But the moment my son and I started to dig in, that proved me wrong.  I guess in order to say something is delicious, we sometimes just need to taste it to believe it - because after we finished our pizza, we were more than satisfied.

On top of all that, I think the price is definitely very affordable for such a sumptuous snack. J


No comments:

Post a Comment